Monday, April 27, 2015

Welcome Blu









After the loss of our sweet Izzy, help and assistance came out of the woodwork to replace T's sweet girl. I cannot tell you how overwhelmed I was with the love, support and compassion that comes from the Ag. Community. One donor, who insisted on staying anonymous, found a beautiful lamb, not far from our farm, transferred the money into our 4H account and even called to make sure that we could go pick her up!

So, we loaded T & TABS into my car, and made the drive out to Henefer, where we met with the sheep farmer & her son. They introduced us to a beautiful lamb, whom T would later name Blu, for the deep blue color in her eyes. This wonderful farmer taught us everything she knew about raising lambs, answered all of our questions, and helped us load her into the back of my car. 

On the ride home, TABS & T had a lot of fun taking selfies with the new lamb, but they were hungry, since Leader HW and I had loaded them as soon as we got home, and left right away... without dinner. 

We decided to stop at McDonalds to grab a bite to eat. My only request... Keep The Lamb Quiet! The ordering process went something like this: 

Order Taker: Welcome to McDonalds. What can I get you? 
Me: I'd like an Oreo McFlurry and... BAAAAA! 
Car Occupants: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Me: SHHHH! 
Order Taker: Um... I'm sorry, what was that? 
Me: I'm sorry... An Oreo McFlurry, a chocolate shake...
BAAAAAAA!!
Me: A coke and 
BAAAAAA!!
Me: And a small
BAAAA!!
Me: fry. 
By the time we got to the window, my whole car was laughing to the point of tears, and the order taker immediately busted up laughing when he saw the lamb in the back of my car! It was a complete fiasco! 

But we are all glad to have our beautiful Blu home and ready to start working with her. She has a good nature and will be a great project for T. 

No comments:

Post a Comment